Bergen Center for Competition Law and Economics (BECCLE) is pleased to announce the 2nd annual conference on competition policy on the 21st and 22nd of April in Bergen, Norway.
The conference will combine sessions with invited speakers and presentations and discussions of original research papers in the fields of competition law and economics.
Date: 21 and 22 April 2016
Location: Faculty of Law, University of Bergen
Contact: For any questions, please contact the organising committee by using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page will be updated continuously as more information about the conference becomes available.
King’s College London
University of East Anglia
Toulouse School of Economics
Greg Shaffer, University of Rochester, UoB and BECCLE
Thibaud Vergé, ENSAE ParisTech, NHH and BECCLE
Roman Inderst, Goethe Universität
- Enforcement of competition rules
Sebastian Peyer, University of East Anglia
Andreas Stephan, University of East Anglia
Paul Grout, University of Bristol.
In addition, there will be four contributed paralell sessions with presentations and discussions of original research papers in the fields of competition law and economics.
- Contributed Session I:
Empirical IO: Trus, cooperation and competition
Empirical IO: Pharmaceutical markets
- Contributed sessions II
Topics in vertical contracting
Topics in merger theory
Competition Law: Public policy, relevant markets
- Contributed sessions III:
Empirical IO: Pharmaceutical markets II
Theroy: Cartels and antitrust
Competition Law: Buyer power, corporate opportunities rules
- Contributed sessions IV
Consumer preferences & pricing
Competition Law: Enforcement, public policy
There is no conference fee. We offer lunch for registered participants and a conference dinner for presenters and invited guests.
- Greg Shaffer (University of Rochester, UoB and BECCLE)
- Thibaud Verge (ENSAE Paris Tech, NHH and BECCLE)
- Erling Hjelmeng (Faculty of Law, UoO and BECCLE)
- Caroline Heide-Jørgensen (University of Copenhagen, UoB and BECCLE)
- Frode Steen (Department of Economics, NHH and BECCLE)
- Tommy Staahl Gabrielsen (Department of Economics, UoB, and BECCLE)
- Kurt Brekke (Department of Economics, NHH, and BECCLE)
- Ronny Gjendemsjø (Faculty of Law, UoB, and BECCLE)
Local Organising Committee:
- Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui (Faculty of Law, UoB, and BECCLE)
- Ingrid Margrethe Halvorsen Barlund (Faculty of Law, UoB, and BECCLE)
- Timothy Wyndham (Department of Economics, NHH, and BECCLE)
- Teis Lunde Lømo (Department of Economics, UoB, and BECCLE)