The Bergen Center for Competition Law and Economics is proud to announce the first annual BECCLE competition policy conference, 23 and 24 April 2015.
The conference will combine sessions with invited speakers and presentations and discussions of original research papers in the fields of competition law and economics
Date: 23 and 24 April 2015
Location: Norwegian School of Economics
Contact: For any question, please contact the organising committee by using the following email adress: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page will be updated continuously as more information about the conference becomes available.
King’s College London
‘The Current State of the Theory of Collusion: Unexplained Phenomena and Unexplored Directions’
University of Pennsylvania
‘Cooperation vs. Collusion: How Essentiality Shapes Co-opetition’
Toulouse School of Economics
Led by: Frode Steen, Norwegian School of Economics and BECCLE, Christine Zulehner, the Goethe University, Frankfurt, and Ari Hyytinen, School of Business and Economics, University of Jyväskylä
Led by: Greg E. Shaffer, Simon Business School at the University of Rochester and BECCLE, Thibaud Vergè, Centre de Recherche en Économie et Statistique (CREST) and BECCLE, and Daniel O’Brien, Indiana University.
Participants with accepted papers have been registered automatically.
Others who wish to attend the conference can register by e-mail to local organizing committee within 1 April 2015. Please supply your name, title, and institution.
Participation is limited, and a confirmation will be sent.
- Greg Shaffer (University of Rochester and BECCLE)
- Thibaud Verge (CREST and BECCLE)
- Erling Hjelmeng (Faculty of Law, UoO, and BECCLE)
- Caroline Heide-Jørgensen (University of Copenhagen, UoB and BECCLE)
- Frode Steen (Department of Economics, NHH and BECCLE)
- Tommy Staahl Gabrielsen (Department of Economics, UoB, and BECCLE)
- Lars Sørgard (Department of Economics, NHH, and BECCLE)
- Ronny Gjendemsjø (Faculty of Law, UoB, and BECCLE)
Local Organising Committee:
- Håvard Ormberg (Faculty of Law, UoB, and BECCLE)
- Ingrid Margrethe Halvorsen Barlund (Faculty of Law, UoB, and BECCLE)
- Timothy Wyndham (Department of Economics, NHH, and BECCLE)
- Simen Ulsaker (Department of Economics, NHH, and BECCLE)
Call for Papers:
A call for papers has been distributed. Full papers and extended abstracts may be submitted, full papers are preferred. All papers/proposals must include the following information: An abstract of up to 200 words, authors’ full name and affiliation, contact details for corresponding author such as address, phone, and e-mail.
All papers should be submitted (as PDF) to the organizing committee via the e-mail address email@example.com no later than January 30, 2015.
Proposals must be in English. Authors of accepted papers will be notified no later than February 20 2015. Presenters may kindly be asked to discuss another paper.
A limited number of conference rooms are available for booking at Hotel Scandic Byparken. Booking reference will be provided upon request when registering, or by email to the local organizing committee. Reservations must be made by 25 March 2015. The local organizing committee can also recommend other hotels.
Lunch will be served for all participants both days free of charge.
Dinner Thursday evening for participants with papers and invited guests.