BECCLE Competition Policy Conference 2023
June 1, 08:00 - June 2, 16:00
Bergen Center for Competition Law and Economics (BECCLE) is pleased to announce the seventh annual conference on competition policy on the 1st and 2nd of June 2023 in Bergen, Norway.
The conference will combine sessions with invited speakers and contributed sessions with presentations and discussions of original research papers in the fields of competition law and competition economics.
Time and date: 1 and 2 June 2023.
Location: Faculty of Law, University of Bergen
Contact: For any questions, please contact the organising committee by using the following email address: local2023BECCLE@uib.no
Submissions of papers
The contributed sessions will include papers on all topics in the fields of competition law and competition economics, both theoretical and empirical, as well as case studies. Papers should be submitted as a pdf file to the e-mail address conference2023BECCLE@uib.no. The deadline for submission is March 1, 2023. Submissions should include title, abstract (up to 200 words), authors’ name and affiliations, and contact details. Submissions of full papers are recommended, but we will also accept extended abstracts. Authors of accepted papers will be notified no later than April 1, 2023. All papers will be allocated a discussant, and presenters may be asked to discuss a paper.
You can download the BECCLE 2023 Call for Papers as a pdf file HERE.
Information about the conference
The BECCLE conference is open also for persons not presenting a paper, and there is no conference fee. Lunch will be served for all attendees. More information about the conference, for example where you can book hotels, will be available on this web page soon. All presenters pay their own travel and accommodation expenses.
- Professor Natalia Fabra, Department of Economics at Universidad Carlos III Madrid: Reform in the European electricity market
- Professor Heike Schweitzer, Faculty of Law at Humboldt University in Berlin: Ex ante vs ex post enforcement of competition law
In addition, there will one invited session on energy policy (organized by Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui at Faculty of Law at University of Bergen) and one invited session on enforcement of competition law (organized by Yannis Katsoulacis).
- Lars Sørgard (NHH and BECCLE)
- Tommy Staahl Gabrielsen (University of Bergen and BECCLE)
- Ronny Gjendemsjø (University of Bergen and BECCLE)
- Bjørn Olav Johansen (University of Bergen and BECCLE)
- Özlem Bedre-Defolie (ESMT Berlin and U Bergen/BECCLE)
- Frode Steen (NHH and BECCLE)
- Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Eeva Mauring (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Lars Sørgard (NHH and BECCLE)
- Kurt Brekke (NHH and BECCLE)
- Morten Sæthre (NHH and BECCLE)
- Anantha Divakaruni (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Anna Ignatenko (NHH and BECCLE)
- Thomas Vinje (Clifford Chance and U Bergen)
- Tommaso Valletti (imperial College London and NHH/BECCLE)
- Mateusz Mysliwski (NHH and BECCLE)
- Teis Lunde Lømo (HVL and BECCLE)
Local organising committee
- Emil Mathias Strøm Halseth (NHH)
- Alina Ozhegova (NHH)
- Marte Reisæter (U Bergen)
- Øyvind Erstad Villanger (U Bergen)