- This event has passed.
BECCLE Competition Policy Conference 2023
June 1, 08:00 - June 2, 16:00
Bergen Center for Competition Law and Economics (BECCLE) is pleased to announce the seventh annual conference on competition policy on the 1st and 2nd of June 2023 in Bergen, Norway.
The conference will combine sessions with invited speakers and contributed sessions with presentations and discussions of original research papers in the fields of competition law and competition economics.
Time and date: 1st of June at 09:00 until 2nd of June at 16:00
Location: Faculty of Law, University of Bergen (Address: Magnus Lagabøtes plass 1)
Contact: For any questions, please contact the organising committee by using the following email address: local2023BECCLE@uib.no
Information about the conference
The BECCLE conference is open also for persons not presenting a paper, and there is no conference fee. Lunch will be served for all attendees. All presenters pay their own travel and accommodation expenses.
The program can be found HERE.
You find information about the transport to and from the airport HERE.
Note that there is an ICN (International Competition Network) Chief Economist Meeting in Bergen back-to-back with the BECCLE conference. It gathers chief economists and senior economists from competition agencies worldwide and leading academics to discuss competition policy issues. On the afternoon of Wednesday May 31 this meeting will be open to the public, and you are welcome to attend it. There will be two sessions open for the public, one session on buyer-side market power (academic lead: Nancy Rose) and one session on coordinated effects in mergers (academic lead: Nathan Miller). See the preliminary program for the open sessions HERE. We will keep you updated on our BECCLE Conference webpage on details. Although this is an opportunity for you to attend it, note that the BECCLE Conference starts Thursday morning.
Registration for the BECCLE Conference is now closed.
Registration for the ICN Meeting open for BECCLE participants is now closed.
The deadline for registration for the BECCLE Conference will be May 20, and for the ICN Chief Economist Meeting will be May 10.
- Professor Natalia Fabra, Department of Economics at Universidad Carlos III Madrid: Reform in the European electricity market
- Professor Heike Schweitzer, Faculty of Law at Humboldt University in Berlin: Ex ante vs ex post enforcement of competition law
- Competition Law & Economics and Sustainability (organized by Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui at Faculty of Law at University of Bergen)
- Legal and Liability Standards in Antitrust Enforcement: Developments and Open Questions (organized by Yannis Katsoulacos at Athens University of Economics and Business)
Submissions of papers
The contributed sessions will include papers on all topics in the fields of competition law and competition economics, both theoretical and empirical, as well as case studies. Papers should be submitted as a pdf file to the e-mail address conference2023BECCLE@uib.no. The deadline for submission is expired (March 1, 2023). Authors of accepted papers was notified before April 1, 2023. All papers will be allocated a discussant, and presenters may be asked to discuss a paper.
You can download the BECCLE 2023 Call for Papers as a pdf file HERE.
- Lars Sørgard (NHH and BECCLE)
- Tommy Staahl Gabrielsen (University of Bergen and BECCLE)
- Ronny Gjendemsjø (University of Bergen and BECCLE)
- Bjørn Olav Johansen (University of Bergen and BECCLE)
- Özlem Bedre-Defolie (ESMT Berlin and U Bergen/BECCLE)
- Frode Steen (NHH and BECCLE)
- Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Eeva Mauring (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Øivind Anti Nilsen (NHH and BECCLE)
- Kurt Brekke (NHH and BECCLE)
- Morten Sæthre (NHH and BECCLE)
- Anantha Divakaruni (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Anna Ignatenko (NHH and BECCLE)
- Thomas Vinje (Clifford Chance and U Bergen)
- Tommaso Valletti (imperial College London and NHH/BECCLE)
- Mateusz Mysliwski (NHH and BECCLE)
- Teis Lunde Lømo (HVL and BECCLE)
Local organising committee
- Emil Mathias Strøm Halseth (NHH)
- Alina Ozhegova (NHH)
- Marte Reisæter (U Bergen)
- Øyvind Erstad Villanger (U Bergen)