Bergen Competition Policy Conference 2020
April 23, 08:00 - April 24, 17:00
Bergen Center for Competition Law and Economics (BECCLE) is pleased to announce the sixth annual conference on competition policy on the 23st and 24nd of April in Bergen, Norway.
The conference combines sessions with invited speakers and presentations and discussions of original research papers in the fields of competition law and economics.
Time and date: 23 and 24 April 2020
Location: NHH Norwegian School of Economics
Contact: For any questions, please contact the organising committee via firstname.lastname@example.org
For the open sessions at the BECCLE conference, we now invite submissions of original research papers. Papers should be in the field of competition law and economics. We welcome both theoretical and empirical papers, as well as case studies. Lawyers are especially encouraged to submit papers.
We are also pleased to announce that the Norwegian Competition Authority is hosting the International Competition Network (ICN) Workshop for chief and senior economists on the 21st and 22nd of April. The ICN workshop will take place at the Norwegian School of Economics as well, and there will be an opportunity for participants at the BECCLE conference to sit in on certain sessions. The ICN workshop allows economists from the competition agencies around the world come together to share best practices and experiences, and meet with top academics on key issues in competition economics.
Submission of Papers
Papers should be submitted as a pdf-file to the e-mail address email@example.com no later than February 3, 2020. Submissions should include title, abstract (up to 200 words), authors’ name and affiliations, and contact details. Submissions of full papers are recommended, but we will also accept extended abstracts. Authors of accepted papers will be notified no later than March 9, 2020. All papers will be allocated a discussant, and presenters may be asked to discuss a paper.
- Professor Aviv Nevo, University of Pennsylvania
- Professor Bruno Jullien, TSE
- More speakers will be announced soon
There is no conference fee. We offer lunch free of charge to all attendees. We also offer a conference dinner (free of charge) to all presenters.
PhD course on Exclusive Contracts and Digital Platforms (To be held on April 27 – 30 at NHH)
This course is organized by Professor Greg Shaffer, University of Rochester and NHH/BECCLE, and Professor Özlem Bedre-Defolie, ESMT Berlin, University of Bergen/BECCLE, and CEPR. More information can be found here:ECS566- Intensive PhD course.
- Greg Shaffer (U Rochester and UoB/BECCLE)
- Thibaud Verge (ENSAE ParisTech and NHH/BECCLE)
- Özlem Bedre-Defolie (ESMT Berlin)
- Joseph Harrington (U Pennsylvania and NHH/BECCLE)
- Erling Hjelmeng (U Oslo and BECCLE)
- Frode Steen (NHH and BECCLE)
- Malin Arve (NHH and BECCLE)
- Tommy Staahl Gabrielsen (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Ronny Gjendemsjø (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Simen Aardal Ulsaker (NHH and BECCLE)
- Bjørn Olav Johansen (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Tore Nilssen (U Oslo and BECCLE)
Local Organising Committee
- Olga Pushkash (NHH)
- Alina Ozhegova (NHH and BECCLE)
- Emil Mathias Strøm Halseth (NHH and BECCLE)
- Ingrid Halvorsen Barlund (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Teis Lunde Lømo (U Bergen and BECCLE).