Bergen Center for Competition Law and Economics (BECCLE) is pleased to announce the 3rd annual conference on competition policy on the 27th and 28th of April in Bergen, Norway.
The conference will combine sessions with invited speakers and presentations and discussions of original research papers in the fields of competition law and economics.
Date: 27 and 28 April 2017
Location: Norwegian School of Economics
Contact: For any questions, please contact the organising committee by using the following email address: email@example.com
This web page will be updated continuously as details, program and information become available.
We are proud to announce keynote speaches by:
- Pierre Dubois, Toulouse School of Economics
“Identifying and Estimating Margins with Vertical Contracting“
- Lars Henriksson, Stockholm School of Economics
“Cartels in public procurement – potential adverse effects of competition law enforcement against tenderers“
- Maarten Pieter Schinkel, University of Amsterdam
“Sustainability and Collusion“
Plenary sessions also include speaches by:
- Thibaud Vergé, ENSAE ParisTech
- Özlem Bedre-Defolie, ESMT Berlin
“Optimal variety and pricing of a trade platform“
- Chiara Fumagalli, U. Bocconi
“Dynamic Vertical Foreclosure“
- Mark Ivaldi, Toulouse School of Economics
“Assessment of Post-merger Coordinated Effects: Characterization by Simulations“
- Joseph E. Harrington Jr., U Pensylvania
“Coordination on List Prices and Collusion in Negotiated Prices“
- Tomaso Duso, DIW Berlin
“A Retrospective Study of State Aid Control in the German Broadband Market“
- Ronny Gjendemsjø, U. Bergen and BECCLE
“Abuse of Collective Dominance: The Need for a New Approach“
Sadly, Nicolas Petit has had to cancel.
The conference will also include parallel sessions with presentations and discussions of original research papers on R&D, Mergers, State Aid, Verticals, Collusion, Competition Law, Broadband, Networks, Empirical IO, Regulation and Enforcement.
The conference is open for registration. For logistical reasons, we have an upper limit for the number of participants. Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
For Norwegian Lawyers: Felles søknad om godkjenning av etterutdanning for advokater kan sendes i etterkant av konferansen.
Lunch is included for all registered attendees. There will be a complimentary conference dinner for presenters and invited guests.
PhD Course: Economics of Exclusion by Greg Shaffer
The University of Bergen is delighted to announce an intensive PhD course by Greg Shaffer (University of Rochester and UoB/BECCLE) on the “economics of exclusion” immediately prior to the conference. More details can be found here…
- Greg Shaffer (U Rochester and UoB/BECCLE)
- Thibaud Verge (ENSAE ParisTech and NHH/BECCLE)
- Erling Hjelmeng (U Oslo and BECCLE)
- Caroline Heide Jørgensen (U Copenhagen and BECCLE)
- Frode Steen (NHH and BECCLE)
- Tommy Staahl Gabrielsen (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Halvard Haukeland Fredriksen (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Ronny Gjendemsjø (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Bjørn Olav Johansen (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Håvard Ormberg
- Teis Lunde Lømo
- Håvard Sandvik
- Simen Ulsaker
- Timothy Wyndham