- This event has passed.
BECCLE Competition Policy Conference 2022
June 2 - June 3
Bergen Center for Competition Law and Economics (BECCLE) is pleased to announce the sixth annual conference on competition policy on the 2nd and 3rd of June in Bergen, Norway.
The conference combines sessions with invited speakers and presentations and discussions of original research papers in the fields of competition law and economics.
Time and date: 2 and 3 June 2022
Location: NHH Norwegian School of Economics
Contact: For any questions, please contact the organising committee via email@example.com
Registration: The BECCLE conference is open also for persons not presenting a paper. HERE you can register for the conference.
Topics for the keynote speakers and invited sessions at the 2022 BECCLE conference will be (i) abuse/vertical restraints in digital markets or (ii) merger evaluations. The contributed sessions will include papers on all topics on competition law and economics, both theoretical and empirical, as well as case studies. The deadline for submissions has now passed. Authors of accepted papers will be notified no later than April 21, 2022. All papers will be allocated a discussant, and presenters may be asked to discuss a paper.
- Professor Volker Nocke, University of Mannheim
- Professor Pinar Akman, University of Leeds
- Professor Massimo Motta, ICREA-Universitat Pompeu Fabra and Barcelona Graduate School of Economics
- Joel Stiebale, Dusseldorf Institute for Competition Economics
- Celine Bonnet, Toulouse School of Economics
- Franco Mariuzzo, University of East Anglia
Abuse/Vertical restraint in digital markets
- Özlem Bedre Defolie, ESMT Berlin
- Andres Hervas-Drane, Bayes Business School
- Nikhil Vellodi, Paris School of Economics
Title for the invited session on law: “Competition Law and Digital Markets: Vertical Restraints and the Digital Markets Act”
- Professor Pieter Van Cleynenbreugel, University of Liège
- Professor David Bosco, Aix-Marseille University
- Professor Bjørn Lundqvist, Stockholm University
The program can be found HERE.
There is no conference fee. We offer lunch free of charge to all attendees. We also offer a conference dinner (free of charge) to all presenters. Information about registration will be available here soon. The conference hotel is Thon Hotel Bristol Bergen. Invited speakers and contributed speakers will receive information by email on how to proceed to book a room at the conference hotel. Contributed speakers will have to pay for travel and accommodation.
- Greg Shaffer (U Rochester and UoB/BECCLE)
- Thibaud Verge (ENSAE ParisTech and NHH/BECCLE)
- Özlem Bedre-Defolie (ESMT Berlin)
- Joseph Harrington (U Pennsylvania and NHH/BECCLE)
- Erling Hjelmeng (U Oslo and BECCLE)
- Frode Steen (NHH and BECCLE)
- Malin Arve (NHH and BECCLE)
- Tommy Staahl Gabrielsen (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Ronny Gjendemsjø (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Bjørn Olav Johansen (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Tore Nilssen (U Oslo and BECCLE)
- Eeva Mauring (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Lars Sørgard (NHH and BECCLE)
- Kurt Brekke (NHH and BECCLE)
- Ingrid Margrethe Halvorsen Barlund (U Bergen and BECCLE)
Local Organising Committee
- Marianne Boge (NHH)
- Paula Navarro Sarmiento (NHH)
- Emil Mathias Strøm Halseth (NHH)
- Marte Reisæter (U Bergen)