Bergen Competition Policy Conference 2019
April 25, 08:30 - April 26, 16:00
Bergen Center for Competition Law and Economics (BECCLE) is pleased to announce the 5th annual conference on competition policy on the 25th and 26th of April 2019 in Bergen, Norway.
The conference will combine sessions with invited speakers and presentations and discussions of original research papers in the fields of competition law and economics.
Time and date: 25 and 26 April 2019, starting at 08:30 Thursday April 25th and ending no later than 16:00 on April 26th.
Location: Faculty of Law, University of Bergen
Contact: For any questions, please contact the organising committee by using the following email address: email@example.com
A preliminary version of the conference program is now available here. Please note that the program may still be subject to minor changes.
We are proud to announce keynote speeches by:
- Joseph E. Harrington Jr., U Pennsylvania and NHH/BECCLE
“Competition Law and Pricing Algorithms.”
- Ariel Ezrachi, University of Oxford
“I can’t believe it’s not butter – The tale of digitalisation, competition and misconception.“
- Daniel P. O’Brien, Compass Lexecon
“Price Discrimination Policy in Intermediate Markets.”
There will be three invited sessions.
The session “algorithms and markets”:
- Gabriele Rovigatti, Bank of Italy
“From Mad Men to Maths Men: Concentration and Buyer Power in Online Advertising.”
- Timo Klein, U Amsterdam
“Autonomous Algorithmic Collusion: Q-Learning Under Sequential Pricing.”
- Giacomo Calzolari, EUI
“Artificial intelligence, algorithmic pricing and collusion.”
A session “Input price discrimination and large buyers”:
- Greg Shaffer, U Rochester and NHH/BECCLE
- Claire Chambolle, INRA ALISS
“The Effect of Intermediate Price Discrimination on Retail Prices: Theory and Evidence from France”
- Hugo Molina, U Leuven
“Buyer Alliances in Vertically Related Markets”
A session on competition law:
- Lars Henriksson, Stockholm School of Economics
“Discrimination in EU Competition Law”
- Björn Lundqvist, U Stockholm
“Data Collaboration, Pooling and Hoarding under Competition Law”
There is no conference fee. Lunch is included for all registered attendees. There will be a complimentary conference dinner for presenters and invited guests.
If you would like to attend the conference, please register using the following link. We are capacity constrained with regards to the number of participants so please register as soon as possible if you know you will be attending.
- Greg Shaffer (U Rochester and NHH/BECCLE)
- Thibaud Verge (ENSAE ParisTech and U Bergen/BECCLE)
- Erling Hjelmeng (U Oslo and BECCLE)
- Caroline Heide Jørgensen (U Copenhagen and BECCLE)
- Frode Steen (NHH and BECCLE)
- Tommy Staahl Gabrielsen (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Ronny Gjendemsjø (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Bjørn Olav Johansen (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Simen Aardal Ulsaker (NHH and BECCLE)
- Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui
- Ingrid Halvorsen Barlund
- Charlotte Bjørnhaug Evensen
- Håvard Mork Sandvik