Bergen Competition Policy Conference 2019
April 25, 2019 - April 26, 2019
Bergen Center for Competition Law and Economics (BECCLE) is pleased to announce the 5th annual conference on competition policy on the 25th and 26th of April 2019 in Bergen, Norway.
The conference will combine sessions with invited speakers and presentations and discussions of original research papers in the fields of competition law and economics.
Date: 25 and 26 April 2019
Location: Faculty of Law, University of Bergen
Contact: For any questions, please contact the organising committee by using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this web page will be continuously updated with more details of the conference program and practical information as the date of the conference approaches
We are proud to announce keynote speeches by:
- Joseph E. Harrington Jr., U Pennsylvania and NHH/BECCLE
“Competition Law and Pricing Algorithms.”
- Ariel Ezrachi, University of Oxford
- Daniel P. O’Brien, Compass Lexecon
There will be invited sessions on the economics of algorithm pricing (featuring speech by Giacomo Calzolari, European University Institute), and on vertical restraints (including speech by Greg Shaffer, U Rochester and NHH/BECCLE).
Call for Papers:
For the open sessions, we now invite submissions of original research papers. Papers should be in the field of competition law and economics. We welcome both theoretical and empirical papers, as well as case studies. Lawyers are especially encouraged to submit papers. Click here to view the Call for Papers.
Submission of Papers:
Papers should be submitted as a pdf-file to the e-mail address email@example.com no later than February 1, 2019. Submissions should include title, abstract (up to 200 words), authors’ name and affiliations, and contact details. Submissions of full papers are recommended, but we will also accept extended abstracts. Authors of accepted papers will be notified no later than March 8, 2019. All papers will be allocated a discussant, and presenters may be asked to discuss a paper.
There is no conference fee, and lunch is included for all registered attendees. There will be a complimentary conference dinner for presenters and invited guests. More information on registration, accommodation, and other practical matters will be available at a later date.
- Greg Shaffer (U Rochester and NHH/BECCLE)
- Thibaud Verge (ENSAE ParisTech and U Bergen/BECCLE)
- Erling Hjelmeng (U Oslo and BECCLE)
- Caroline Heide Jørgensen (U Copenhagen and BECCLE)
- Frode Steen (NHH and BECCLE)
- Tommy Staahl Gabrielsen (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Ronny Gjendemsjø (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Bjørn Olav Johansen (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui (U Bergen and BECCLE)
- Simen Aardal Ulsaker (NHH and BECCLE)
- Ingrid Halvorsen Barlund
- Håvard Mork Sandvik
- Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui
- Charlotte Bjørnhaug Evensen