- This event has passed.
Competition from Bottom to Top: New Trends in Electricity Markets
September 24, 2018, 12:00 - 16:00
Photo by Matthew Henry on Unsplash
In this Energy Lab and BECCLE joint seminar we will discuss some of the challenges in the future for the electrical grid, the industry players, the role of the consumers, the rules and the business opportunities.
Energy markets as we know them are a thing of the past. The shift to renewable energy sources and the introduction of new technologies are transforming the way we produce, trade and consume electricity. And now, more than ever, consumers (and also producers of energy) have a leading role dictating how the future of electricity markets will look like, shifting the competition game from to the top to the bottom of the market.
Date: 24 of September
Location: Auditorium 2, the Faculty of Law, UiB
Time: 12:00 – 16:00
- 12:00 – 12:30: Welcome lunch
- 12:30 – 14.15: Session One – A practical look at electricity market developments
- Anne Sofie Ravndal Risnes – Statnett’s adaption of new trends in the electricity industry (Stattnet)
- Monika Zsak – Energimarked 2.0 and Tibber (BKK-Tibber)
- Svein Harald Bjørlo – (Rambøll)
- 14:15 – 14:45: Coffee Break
- 14:45 – 16:00: Session Two – An academic look at electricity market developments
- Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui – Regulation of aggregation of demand response in the Clean Energy Package (UiB)
- Endre and Mette Bjørndal – Flexibility in the local grid: distributed generation, storage and demand response (NHH)
- Closure of event